GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #130: Should We Embrace Canva Taking Over the Eduverse?
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode 130 called “Should We Embrace Canva Taking over the Eduverse”. In this episode, we’ll share some of our favorite things about Canva – the web based design tool that is taking over education. We’ll explain Canva Docs, Canva Webpages and 14 Apps that can enhance your designs and classroom projects. This is another episode you don’t want to miss, check it out.
Segment 1: Updates
- Iste Philadelphia
- NJECC Conference is March 7th (Tuesday in person) and March 8th (Wednesday remote)
Segment 2: Canva Apps
Scott Nunes Canva Connection: email@example.com
Canva Docs – Canva tries to break into the document creation space with the Canva alternative to google docs.
Did you know that Canva has an ever-growing collection of apps that can enhance your designs in some pretty cool ways?
- Text to Image – type out a description and it will generate an AI style image
- IconDuck – hundreds of thousands of icons
- BitMoji – same old bitmoji, just in canva now
- Character Builder – avatar creation
- Pexels – access to more background images
- Pixabay – like pexels
- QR code generator
- Giphy – bring in gifs from this popular gif creator
- Stipop – digital stickers
- Google Keep
- Bulk Create – bring in data from a csv file to populate a canva template
- Used for – student ID badges
- Charts – line graphs, pie charts, bring in data from excel or other csv
- YouTube – embed YouTube videos in a design
- Google Drive – connect your google drive to import images and videos
- Smartmockups – Convert any image into various product mockups
Segment 4: Where to Find GotTechED
Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
- Tell your friends about the Teach Better Podcast Network
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning