23 Websites that Teachers Should Know About
GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #136: 23 Websites that Teachers Should Know About
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode 136 called “23 Websites Teachers Should Know About”. In this episode, we’ll share 23 unique and exciting websites that can be used by teachers and students for a wide variety of classroom activities. This is another episode you don’t want to miss, check it out.
Segment 1: Updates
- ISTE Philadelphia
- TheAITeacher.tips and The AI Teacher Podcast
Segment 2: 23 Websites that Teachers Should Know About
- Wonderopolis is an informational site that helps kids ask and answer interesting questions about the world.
- Pessimists Archive
- ZooMontana is a 70-acre wildlife park located in Billings, Montana, U.S. and is Montana’s only zoo and botanical park. It currently maintains nearly 100 animals, representing 58 species. These animals all live in habitats designed to imitate their natural habitats.
- Teacher Vision
- From thousands of worksheets and lesson plans to new PBL projects and complete teaching kits, our content adapts to your individual needs as an educator.
- 3 Free Resources
- Math Learning Center
- The Math Learning Center offers a comprehensive standards-based math program as well as innovative supplemental resources.
- Talking Points
- Aquation: The Freshwater Access Game
- Choice, strategy, balance, and . . . water equity? Parts of the planet are struggling to get enough water. Use each region’s wealth to build pipes, desalinate water, and conduct research to bring water where it’s needed most. Monsoons, dry spells, disease, and even cursed lawn sprinklers can help or hinder your progress. Manage your wealth and water carefully to solve the world’s water crisis!
- Take actions to balance global water resources.
- React to global events.
- Make discoveries through research and recruit investors to share in the profits.
- Review and reflect on your strategy.
- Build, upgrade and use desalination plants to create fresh water
- Play in the classroom or at home.
- Every music genre, ever, under one roof
- HHMI Biointeractive
- Real science, real stories, and real data to engage students in exploring the living world.
- Nandgame – Nandgame gamifies the experience of building your own computer and lets you drag components to build a PC from scratch. There are different levels of the game. You start with a basic configuration and use it as a component for the next level.
- Generation Genius
- Generation Genius is a K-8 teaching resource that brings school science standards to life through fun and educational videos paired with lesson plans, activities, quizzes, reading material and more.
- Ncase.me – In World War 1 = soldiers across the frontlines decided to create an unlikely truce on Christmas Day and exchange gifts in peace. That act of trust in full-scale war inspired this website maker to explore how the world works with trusting and non-trusting people, and how mistakes and miscommunication can affect how we grow into trusting or paranoid humans. It’s an interactive website.
- Data Nuggets
- Data Nuggets are free classroom activities, co-designed by scientists and teachers, designed to bring contemporary research and authentic data into the classroom. Data Nuggets include a connection to the scientist behind the data and the true story of their research.
- 100,000 Stars
- Education Blueprint
- Education Blueprint is an interactive platform where teachers like you can find, share, and rate resources that help make for better and more equitable learning experiences.
- Orb Farm
- Share My Lesson
- Lesson plans and professional development to support students and your goals.
- OSearch Shark Tracker
- Unlimited resources. Unbeatable value.
- New teacher-created resources added daily
- One low-cost subscription ($7/month).
- Featured Free Resources
- The Moth
- The Moth’s mission is to promote the art and craft of storytelling and to honor and celebrate the diversity and commonality of human experience.
- Discover Music from all over the world
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
- Tell your friends about the Teach Better Podcast Network
- The Degs: Shotgun http://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Degs/
- @bensounds https://www.bensound.com/
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning
Leave a Comment