In Episode 29 of GotTechED the Podcast, Nick and Guise invite EdTech Guru Jeff Losch onto the show to participate in the first-ever EdTech Fantasy Draft. Each person drafts 7 EdTech Tools that will be useful in their student-centered classroom!
To get the complete breakdown and descriptions of all 41 EdTech Tools Click Here!
In fantasy sports drafts, participants draft players to fill positions on a team. For example, in a baseball fantasy draft, the managers (participants) draft Major League baseball players from any team to play each of the positions on a baseball field. The statistics of each player contributes to each manager’s score with the goal of having the best team.
Now let’s set the parameters for the fantasy EdTech draft. Nick, Jeff, and Guise came up with a list of 41 EdTech Tools and placed them under six categories for the draft. The six categories included: 1) Photo/Video, 2) Gamification/Assessment, 3) Personalized Learning/Feedback, 4) Collaboration/Curation, 5) Classroom Management/Environment, and 6) Productivity/Creativity. There are 7 drafting rounds (one EdTech Tool must be selected from each of the six categories and one utility tool that can be from any of the six categories). Nick, Jeff, and Guise will be drafting under the following terms:
- All 3 teachers run a student-centered classroom.
- All 3 teachers have access to G-Suite (no extensions or add-ons included unless they are drafted).
- Only the drafted tech tools can be used in their classroom.
- The person who drafts the best collection of EdTech Tools wins.
The EdTech Fantasy Draft:
|Round #||Jeff||Nick||Guise||Round #|
|1 –>||Google Keep||Loom||Canva|
|3 –>||Teachers io||Talk and Comment||Nimbus|
|5 –>||Click and Clean||Colorzilla||PenPal Schools|
|Imagus||Play Brighter||Zoom||<– 6|
|7 –>||The Fiscal Ship||ClassroomQ||Gooru|
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Other Relatable GotTechED Episodes:
- Making the Switch from Traditional to Student-Centered Teaching
- Student-Centered Learning: Methods of Best Practice
- Second-Chance Learning, Escape Rooms, and Pecha Kucha
- Flipped Classroom, UDL, and Edtech Reform
- Is a Genius Hour a Genius Idea
- Using Edjinotes for Student Collaboration and Feedback with Dan Gallagher
- 24 Tech Tools for Student-Centered Learning
- The Ultimate Guide to Classroom Screencasting
- How to Implement Passion Projects into your Classroom
Other ways to follow GotTechED
- Apple Podcasts https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gotteched/id1358366637?mt=2
- Google Podcasts https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Indeizidhz4h37mawfylwdgco4y
- Stitcher https://www.stitcher.com/search?q=gotteched
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIQwu39Tkow3kduRQAH85w?view_as=subscriber
- Twitter https://twitter.com/WeGotTechED
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WeGotTechED/