GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #48 – Flipped Classroom Practices with Flippinggoodtech.com
In this episode of GotTechED the Podcast we discuss:
- What is the flipped classroom?
- What are the advantages of the flipped classroom?
- What are some examples of projects for the flipped classroom?
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Introduction of our guests:
- Elizabeth King
- A little about Elizabeth
- Darryl Legaspi
- A little about Darryl
- Tell us about:
- ConnectED Tech Podcast
- Where did you get started?
- The llama obsession
Segment 1: What is the flipped classroom?
- How does Flipped Classroom differ from traditional teaching?
- Methods of best practice/Advantages of Flipped Classroom
- Video length 1 minute per grade maximum 10th grade = 10 minutes maximum
- Guided notes
- Strategies or styles? (station rotation, flipped, etc)
Segment 2: What are some edtech tools that support the flipped classroom?
- Ways to introduce the content in a Flipped Classroom
- Khan Academy
- Ways to create content in a Flipped Classroom
- Google Apps
- Ways to communicate
- An LMS
- Google Classroom
- Facebook Live
- Ways to assess and provide feedback in a Flipped Classroom
- Formative Assessment with instant feedback
- Summative Assessment
- Online Portfolios
- New Google Sites
- Google Docs
- Providing Feedback
- E-comments (extension)
Segment 3: Reflection of the Past Year & New Year’s #edtech Resolutions
- Maybe reflections about your podcast and where you would like to take your podcasts
- Reflections on the edtech tools used and what tools you would like to try.
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: What are your favorite Flipped Classroom resources?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning