In this episode of GotTechED the Podcast we discuss:
- Blended Learning Best Practices
- Edtech that supports Blended Learning
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Segment 1: Intro to EduMentor Segment and Guest
Segment 2: Charity Dodd and Blended Learning
- Intro to Charity Dodd
- Twitter @charitydodd
- Our approach we use is called, Reflect, Tinker, Grow: We created a platform, called LINCspring, for personalized professional development.
What is Blended Learning?
- There are many different ways to define blended learning. The most referenced definition comes from the Christensen Institute:
- The definition of blended learning is a formal education program in which a student learns:
- at least in part through online learning, with some element of student control over time, place, path, and/or pace;
- at least in part in a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home;
- and the modalities along each student’s learning path within a course or subject are connected to provide an integrated learning experience.
What is the PAACC Framework?
- Personalization: Providing unique learning pathways for individual students
- Agency: giving learners opportunities to participate in decisions about their learning
- Authenticity: giving learners the opportunity to create for a real audience both locally and globally
- Connectivity: giving learners opportunities to experience learning in collaboration with their peers and experts, locally and globally
- Creativity: giving learners opportunities to make things that matter while building skills for their future
What are some edtech tools that you use to support the Blended Learning classroom?
- Explain Everything
- Skype a Scientist
- Google Arts & Culture
- Digital Toolbox Link
Segment 3: The GotTechED Hotseat
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: What are your go-to Blended Learning strategies?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Blended Learning
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning