18 #Edtech Activities to Try During the Coronavirus Pandemic
In this episode of GotTechED the Podcast we discuss:
- 18 edtech activities that students can do at home
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Segment 1: 18 Edtech Activities to try during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Go to this Resource Website for all of the following resources talked about in today’s show! https://sites.google.com/hvrsd.org/distance-learning/curation-resources
- Personal Response to article, video or story
- Demonstrate a skill (math problem, thesis, or lab)
- Peer review
- Digital journal entry or book review
- Virtual TedTalk or pechakucha, presentation, etc.
- Single assignment – inplace of book report, etc
- Class project – shared with class and getting feedback
Digital Escape Rooms
- Create your own through Google – see examples in our site, Chemistry, Running of the Bulls, To Kill a Mockingbird, Odyssey, Photosynthesis
- Google gallery walk and discussion board
- Running student discussions through Edji
- Host a virtual class through Google Meet/Zoom or a help session
Claims Evidence Reasoning
- CER Activity
“Flipped” lesson at home
- Open a Google Doc, insert a link to a video or other content resource for students, insert a link to platform for asking questions (Google Meet, Zoom, another editable Google Doc), add questions for students to answer. Push to them with your LMS and they submit their answers when done.
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: What tools are you using for distance learning?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning