GotTechED the Podcast
Episode 57 Title: Greenscreening with Jen Leban
Segment 1: Intro to EduMentor Segment
We’d like to welcome everyone to this EduMentor episode of GotTeched the podcast. Each edumentor episode will feature an expert educator guest who can mentor us and our listeners. The featured EduMentor is an expert in their field who is using that knowledge to innovate and do great things. We hope that their ideas inspire your own as you listen. Also please check out the upcoming #EduMentor Twitter chat every wednesday night at 8:30 PM EST. Follow us on Twitter @wegotteched to stay up to date so you don’t miss this exciting new chat. Now, stay tuned for this episode’s EduMentor.
Segment 2: (Jennifer Leban (Lee Bin) and (Greenscreen and Video Production)
- Intro to (Jennifer Leban)
- @MrsLeban Twitter
- @themrsleban Instagram
- Educational experience/awards
- 2020 Finalist for the Illinois State Teacher of the Year
- Any educational groups or projects that you would like to promote? –
- ResetEDU YouTube channel!
- ResetEDU.org Website
- LebanTeachTech Blog
Content: (Greenscreen and Video Production)
- What is Greenscreen and Video Production? Are there any definitions, protocols, etc?
- What are some misconceptions people have about Greenscreen and Video Production?
- What are some Greenscreen and video production best practices? Project ideas?
- Bruce Reicher and I have a shared greenscreen Wakelet board of ideas and resources: https://wakelet.com/wake/0bda256f-0c15-423f-af40-be1903007859)
- Greenscreen and video production lessons lead to total chaos!
- Classroom management advice
- What are some edtech tools that you use to support greenscreen and video production?
Segment 3: The GotTechED Hotseat
- What are your top 3 favorite extensions?
- What is your go-to teaching activity?
- Would you rather be the mentor or the mentee?
- What is your favorite educational quote?
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
- Who are your top 2-3 people in your PLN that we should follow on social media (include social media handles if possible?
- What are 3 components that you look for in PD?
- Relevance/Useful takeaways.
- Creative – sparks ideas for other uses/things to think about
- What is your favorite educational secret, hack, or shortcut?
- What are the top 3 things you can do to “reset” yourself as an educator?
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: How do you use green-screening tools with your students in the classroom?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning