GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #60 EdTech Buffet with Stephanie Howell
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode we’ll be interrupting our GSuite series for a special sit down with EdTech Guru Stephanie Howell. We talk to Stephanie about her digital edtech smackdowns, the google innovator program, and organization edtech hacks.
Segment 1: Share, Review, Spread the Word
Do us 3 favors:
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Segment 2: Stephanie Howell
Our guest today is a Middle School Instructional Technology Coordinator for Pickerington Schools and former special education teacher. She is a Google Innovator, ISTE presenter, and recent recipient of the WOSU Leadership Award, PLSD’s Innovative Leader Award and was part of the team named ISTE’s Distinguished District. Welcome to the show Stefanie Howell.
- Social Media
- Twitter and instagram
- Info about GI Program (I believe you said you were in that program)
- Other in-episode resources
- Edtech Smackdown Site
- Toby Extension
- 30 Second Film Festival
Segment 3: GotTechED Hotseat
(7 rapid fire questions (Think Family Feud bonus round) I will ask the questions and after all 7 were answered… Nick gets to ask you to elaborate on 2-3 of those)… Feel Free to type these out in advance!
- Nick collects educational quotes. If he decided to post a quote a day on twitter…What is an educational quote that he should post?
- Compared to Nick, I am an unorganized mess…What is your recommended tool to get organized?
- Google Calendar
- To do list
- If you had to make a screencast lesson for your 10th grade class… What is the maximum length it should be?
- 2 minutes
- If you were stranded on an island, think castaway with Tom Hanks, which G-Suite app would you pick to be your Wilson?
- Google Slides
- What is an app/extension that you consider to be a hidden gem?
- If you were a fortune teller, what would be the function of the next G-Suite app that is released?
- Personalized Assistant for Education
- Miss a question it pops open videos to help
- When considering all the traits of an effective teacher, rank the following skills from least to most important… being well-liked, being able to provide quality feedback, and having good class management skills.
- Well Liked
- Having google classroom management skills
Segment 4: Where you can find us?
#EduMentor (Wednesday Nights 8:30pm EST)
#BLinaction (Tuesday Nights 8pm EST)
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning