GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #(61) 20 GSuite Apps and Add-Ons
In this episode of GotTechED the Podcast we discuss:
- 40 G-Suite Activities to Try in Your Classroom
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to gotteched the podcast. Episodses 58 – 63 are part of a 5-episode series devoted to G-Suite Activities, Addons, Teacher Extensions, and Student Extensions. In this episode we’ll share 20 of our favorite GSuite apps and add-ons that you and your students can start using today. In episodes 62 and 63 we’ll break down some of our favorite extensions for teachers and for students when working in the classroom. If you need some inspiration for digital lessons, these are the episodes you’ve been waiting for. Check it out.
Segment 1: Share, Review, Spread the Word
Do us 3 favors:
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us a review, leave us a comment or rate us on whatever platform you listen
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Segment 2: #G-Suite and Chrome Add-Ons
What are add-ons? https://developers.google.com/gsuite/add-ons/overview
Is an add-on different then an extension? Sort of! https://technology.dearbornschools.org/2019/04/25/chrome-extensions-vs-add-ons/
Go to the Add-Ons Store for any G-Suite App by opening a doc, slide, or sheet, etc clicking the “Add-Ons” button right next to Tools.
- Copy Folder (copies the folder, sub-folders, and documents within the folders)
- Plotly (Online, free, graphing and spreadsheet tool)
- Voice Note II (Voice typing, copy and paste script)
- Twisted Wave (Record and Edit Audio) Beautiful Audio Editor (Record and Edit Audio)
- Telly Prompt (Online Teleprompter)
- Video Cutter (Cut portions of your videos)
- Feedly (All your favorite sites in one place)
- Beatlab (Make beats for your presentations)
- Camera (Pictures and Video)
- EasyBib Bibliography Creator (Docs Add-On)
- MindMeister (Docs Add-On) – turn a bullet pointed list into an appealing visual mind map
- Easy Accents (Docs Add-On) – easily add accents for foreign language typing
- Kaizena (Docs and Slides Add-On) – fast feedback, voice commenting
- Orange Slice (Docs Add-On) – easily and quickly make rubrics and converts the holistic score to a percentage grade – great reviews
- Writers Highlighter (Docs Add-On) – highlight text, highlight continuously as you type, highlight by sentence length, etc.
- DocuTube (Docs Add-On) – finds videos linked in your doc and displays them in a side-bar
- Icons for Slides and Docs (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms) – insert cool icons
- Table Styles (Sheets Add-On) – apply a uniform style to your tables
- Lucid Charts (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drive) – mind map creator
- Slido (Slides) – live polling and Q/A while in present mode
Segment 3: Where you can find us?
- Twitter Chats:
- #EduMentor (Wednesday Nights 8:30 EST)
- #masterychat (Thursday Nights 8pm EST)
- #BLinaction (Tuesday Nights 8pm EST)
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: What are some of your favorite Chrome Apps and Add-ons?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning