GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #64 Mindset Mondays with Anthony Tyrkala
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back GotTechED the Podcast this is episode 64 called Mindset Mondays with Anthony Tyrkala. In this episode we’ll be talking with Mr. Anthony Tyrkala about the power of a positive mindset and the role of edtech in supporting it. This episode is packed with inspiration and ideas … Check it out.
Segment 1: Share, Review, Spread the Word
Do us 3 favors:
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Segment 2: Anthony Tyrkala
- Milatary Background
- Role as a Principal
- Mindset Mondays
Segment 3: The GotTechED Hotseat
7 rapid-fire questions that Guise will ask you. Nick will then ask you a follow up question to 2-3 of your responses.
You are at a conference and were asked to present on 3 edtech tools… which 3 would you choose?
Padlet, Google Forms, Nearpod
What is 1 twitter chat that you look forward to?
@EdAdventures ….. @Leadupchat
What is one way that you let your colleagues know that they are doing a great job?
JUST TELL THEM ALL THE TIME
What is your favorite quote or motto?
“Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out” -John Wooden
Who is your favorite sports team?
Football… UM or Tampa Bay Bucs
What is the best piece of advice that you can give to a new teacher?
Name three people that Nick and I should follow on twitter
@Mel_Zirini… @ClassTechTips…. @Savvy_Educator
Segment 4: Where you can find us?
- #EduMentor Wednesdays at 8:30 PM EST
- Former guest Charity Dodds chat #BLinAction Tuesdays at 8 PM EST
- GotTechED the Podcast
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
This weeks question is:
Question: How can Mindset Monday’s be used to energize your staff?
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning