GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #69: EdTech Solutions and Hybrid Learning Updates
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is episode 69 called “Listener Mail and Hybrid Learning Updates”. In this episode, we’ll provide an update on our remote and hybrid learning experiences as the 2020 school year gets under way. Following that we’ll dive into our mail bag as we read and answer some of the best questions we’ve received over the recent months. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Remote/Hybrid Learning Update
Segment 2: Mailbag
- We’ve been in hybrid learning for 4 weeks and it already seems stale… What can I do to make the classroom interactive and interesting?
- I am super frustrated with teaching on zoom when my students have Chromebooks. There are a lot of functions such as annotation, choosing their own breakouts, etc that they can’t use. Do you have any suggestions?
- Digital assessments are now my biggest headache. What do you guys recommend?
- Now that we are 5 weeks into school and I am feeling better about my teaching situation, what are some edtech tools that you use in your classroom? https://www.nj.gov/education/covid19/teacherresources/virtualproflearning.shtml
- What is a good way to digitally “hand out” materials to my students? There are so many options in my LMS, but sometimes I just want to provide a resource that they can edit and save.
- I see that you are posting a lot of videos on YouTube about edtech, what projects are you working on now?
- From Twitter edumentor chat: What are some ways that students demonstrate mastery after completing a hyperdoc.
- Thanks for doing a PD on podcasting! I never knew how many cool resources there are… What are some other podcasts that I should check out?
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Other Relatable GotTechED Episodes:
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning