GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #71: Making Students Content Creators During a Pandemic
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is episode 71 called “Making Students Content Creators During a Pandemic”. In this episode, we’ll review some of the ways that students can be content creators in your classroom. Following that we’ll dive into some exciting tech tools that help to make this possible in a remote, hybrid, or in-person classroom. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: What does content creation look like for students?
Segment 2: Tech Tools for Content Creation
Nick – No matter what classroom environment you’re in, the key is collaboration. This list of tools allows for collaboration whether together in the classroom or separated from home.
- Online photo collage maker
- Remote for Slides
- Storyboard That
- Student podcasts
- Audio Editor Online Audacity with Telegram
- twisted wave
- Screencastify Options – Wakelet integrates with Screencastify – your screencastify recordings can be set so they go straight to a Wakelet collection. Click “Open in Editor” and then click the blue plus sign to add multiple video clips together.
- Pablo Extension
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
NJECC Digital Conference
DyKnow Progressive Learning Conference on YouTube
NJDOE Virtual Professional Learning Website
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning