EdTech Show and Tell
GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #78: EdTech Show and Tell
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is episode 78 called “EdTech Show and Tell”. In this episode we’ll share some of our favorite edtech tools, tips, tricks, and shortcuts that we use in our teaching practice. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Intro
- Fresh Air At Five Podcast: @FreshAirAtFive with @BryonCar
- Continuation of our Clubhouse room Wednesdays at 3:15 PM
Nick starts: Nick Show and Tell
- Table of Contents Add-On for Google Docs or click the Show Document Outline button in top left corner
- Tools > Compare documents in Google Docs is a new feature that lets you select a second doc and google automatically compares the two. Lots of other great stuff in there too
- Activity Dashboard – see who’s been looking at your docs
- Edit your preferences for custom substitutions, go to Tools > Preferences > Automatic Substitution. You might find there are a few in there already (like changing 1/2 to ½), but feel free to add in some of your own.
- Link google sheets to your google slide deck. It automatically updates in slides as changes are made in sheets.
- Type docs.new, sheets.new, slides.new, or forms.new into your chrome address bar to automatically start a new file
- Let me google that for you tool
- Virtual coin toss
- Google Books Ngram viewer
Guise Show and Tell
- QR Codes- In Google Chrome (updated)
- Adding tabs in Chrome
- Gimkit Ink
- Pixton EDU
- Top Documentary Films
- Write About
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
- The Degs: Shotgun http://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Degs/
- @bensounds https://www.bensound.com/
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning
Leave a Comment