GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #84: Integrating Media and Video Journalism into the Classroom
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the Podcast, This is episode 84 called Integrating Media and Video Journalism into the Classroom. In this Episode we will be sitting down with Clement Townsend to talk about ways that educators can use edtech to master storytelling with videos like a pro.
Segment 1: The GotTechED Hotseat and who is Clement Townsend?
- What is your most memorable education experience?
- Name a teacher or educator that impacted you the most?
- What is your most interesting moment from sports broadcasting?
- What are 3 edtech tools, apps, programs that you use in your everyday life?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your best kept secret?
Segment 2: How to Incorporate Video-Journalism into the Classroom
- Transferable Skills
- How to create real-world experiences for your students
- Recommended Edtech Tools that work on Chromebooks and other Tech Devices
- Other Video-Journalism Resources
Segment 3: Where to Find Clement Townsend
- On Twitter @clementTV_
- On LinkedIn @clementtownsend
- On their website at https://www.videojournalismpro.com/
Segment 4: Where to Find GotTechED
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning