GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #85: The Great EdTech Debate: Adobe Spark vs Canva w/ Bryon Carpenter
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the Podcast, this is episode #85 called The Great #Edtech Debate: Adobe Spark vs Canva. In this episode, we will be sitting down with ( Bryon Carpenter ) to talk about which edtech tool, Adobe Spark or Canva, is better for student content creation. This is another episode that you won’t want to miss, check it out!
Segment 1: Who is Bryon Carpenter
- On Twitter (https://twitter.com/bryoncar)
- On Twitter (https://twitter.com/freshairatfive)
- On their website at bryoncarpenter.com and https://anchor.fm/freshairatfive5
- On YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/BryonCarpenter
Segment 2: The Great EdTech Debate: Adobe Spark vs Canva
- Round 1: The Overview/Parameters/Definitions
- What are the Adobe Spark/Canva platforms? Functionality, Tools, Cost, Learning Curve, etc.
- Round 2: The Why
- What are the top 3 reasons why you use the Canva platform?
- Round 3: Uses of the Platform
- Describe ways that you use the Adobe Spark platform in your Classroom?
- Round 4: Final Thoughts/Resources
- Anything else about the Adobe Spark (or all the Adobe edtech tools)?
- Spark Video: https://youtu.be/CKyHvbmxeo0
- Spark Post & Page: https://youtu.be/EvvPQMp2yfs
- Check out the article I came across yesterday which talks about Why Adobe Spark – Wood, K. (2017, August 15). Adobe Spark Review: We Found 3 Reasons For And Against Using It. Digital.com; Digital.com. https://digital.com/website-builders/adobe-spark/ updated April 9, 2021
- Anything else about Canva?
Segment 3: The GotTechED HotSeat
- What are 3 #edtech tools that you can’t live without?
- What is a best practice or teaching skill that you use in your classroom?
- What is the best kept secret in education?
- Who is an educator or member of the educational community that you see as an #EduMentor? Include social media if they have one!
- Claudio Zavala Jr (T: @ClaudioZavalaJr, youtube channel)
- Teachers on Fire aka Tim Cavey (T: @teachersonFire)
- Cobblestone Collective (the former EdTechTeam Canada) with Michelle Armstrong and team (@TheCobblestoneC on Twitter)
- What is an educational resource that teachers should be aware of? (Include links if you have one!)
- Goodwill Community Foundation GCFLearnFree (https://edu.gcfglobal.org) is a GOLD MINE!
- What is your favorite quote?
- “Until you know, you don’t know.” which is something I’ve said for years, but goes along with the Teach Better and Brene Brown as when you know better, do better.
- What is something you do to relax and unwind?
- Hiking, making videos and all things flyfishing – it’s springtime here in BC and lakes are icing off so it’s time to chase some trout – chironomid fishing.
Segment 4: Where to Find GotTechED
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning