GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #87: STEM and Conservation Efforts with Helen Corveleyn
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode #87 called “STEM and Conservation Efforts with Helen Corveleyn”. In this episode we’ll sit down with STEM and edtech expert Helen Corveleyn. In this episode we talk about all things STEM including the STEM misconceptions, best STEM practice, favorite STEM projects, and tons of STEM resources for teachers. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Introduction to Helen
Our guest today is a K-5 STEM facilitator, Governor’s Educator of the Year, Mercer County Teacher of the Year, adjunct professor at TCNJ and Miami University in Ohio, and director of HES Gardens. Welcome to the show … Helen Corveleyn.
- Crazy Gears App – A clear, simple, and fun introduction to science and engineering topics that may otherwise feel unapproachable for some kids.
- Simple Machines by Tinybop – Fun gameplay lets kids explore important physics concepts in a solid standards-aligned context.
- Data Nuggets
Segment 2: GotTechEd HotSeat
Nick: Welcome to the GotTechED Hotseat. On the hotseat, Guise will give you questions that you answer with little explanation. I will choose a couple of questions to have you elaborate on. Do you both understand the rules?
Social Media and Websites:
On Twitter: @DrHydrogenHC
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning