GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #89: 4 Project Ideas for the New School Year
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode #89 called “4 Project Ideas for the New School Year”. In this episode we’ll talk about some of the inspiration we’ve gotten from this past year and how that has shaped the development of 4 project ideas that we want to work on over the summer. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Intro
Guise: We’ve had our intro to summer break, ready to get started working again?
We’ve put together an episode focused on projects that we will be developing over the summer. Hopefully 1-2 appeal to you as well.
Segment 2: Projects We Want to Make
Project 1:Studying with Augmented Reality
- 3DBear app – Students use the 3D Bear app to turn our classroom into a virtual chemistry museum. Different students are assigned various elements, substances, historical events involving chemistry, applications of chemistry in real life. They create that “room” of the museum and share with the rest of the class. Maybe record the museum tour and post on Flipgrid.
- Free version allows use of pre-made 3d models. Can import their own too if they know how
- Honorable mentions
- Experience Real History app
- World Brush app – World Brush is an AR experience where users can paint on the world for others to discover. Every painting is anonymous and only visible where it was created. Users have the ability to like, dislike and report paintings which helps hide the bad stuff and showcase the good stuff for others.
- Curioscope app – Our first product, the Virtuali-Tee, is an Augmented Reality T-Shirt. Point our free app (on iOS & Android) at the 100% cotton supersoft tee and watch it bring the Science of Anatomy to life.
- Catchy Words AR app – Meet a new word game made specifically with augmented reality in mind! Immersive experience without touching the screen. Just walk around, catch the letters with your device and solve the word! ear teachers and parents, you asked, we listened. Finally, we’ve added possibility to create your own word list and solve either one word or entire list in series.
Project 2: Student GIF creation to Illustrate a Concept
- Students create gifs as visualizations of various processes or skills. They can create in google slides, stop-motion style, or draw and write live as a screencasting tool records what they are doing. Those videos are then turned into gifs and added to an online chemistry gif library that is available to the world.
- Screencastify can download video as gifs
- Lots of great apps do this too like Gif Maker for iPhone
Project 3: Guise’s Unboxing vocabulary/topics through narrative
Project 4: More gamification through video (The Phrase Game)
- 3 rounds
- 1st word or phrase
- 1st guess
- 2nd word or phrase
- 2nd guess
- 3rd word or phrase
- Final Guess
- Expand on this as a review game each student records a video and pauses after each word or phrase. Give students 15 minutes to complete the class
- For the remaining time allow students to review the guesses in groups to see how each guess could have been correct or why they are wrong.
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Guise: Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning