GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #93: 10 Questions Teachers Want Answered Before School Starts
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode #93 called “ 10 Questions Teachers Want Answered Before School Starts”. As the school year gets going, the questions and concerns start rolling in here at GotTechEd. In this episode, we’ll share 10 of the best questions we’ve heard over the past couple weeks and of course give some advice and some edtech tools in response. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Summer Update
Segment 2: The questions teachers want answered
- I have a cooperating teacher this year to help monitor COVID protocols. How can I involve them in the learning process?
- My district still hasn’t announced if we are hybrid or in-person only. How should I prepare to teach my students?
- Design lessons that can work in a home and school setting.
- What is a good opening day activity that works in person or remotely or hybrid?
- Kahoot is awesome, what are other ways to gamify the classroom?
- My school is going remote for the first two weeks, what is the best flipped classroom model for this?
- Most will work great, flipped classroom is best. Try Edji to encourage discussion!
- I’m still nervous about attending conferences in person. What’s your favorite place for virtual PD right now?
- Obviously podcasts. Check out our blog post of 30 educational podcasts https://gotteched.com/edupodcasts/
- Just listened to a few new podcasts
- Teachernerdz @joesurfer @nober_techclass
- Adventures in online education @aoeNatalie
- #Educrush Podcast @natabasso
- I want to record my lessons for students that may be absent for extended periods of time. What is the best way to do this?
- How can I build relationships with students if they are learning from home?
- I’m a first year teacher and feeling overwhelmed with the technology available. What are some of the best tools I should focus on?
- Canva for Education
- New year, new focus… What is your focus this year and What edtech tools are you most excited about?
- Check out our last episode for 20 great ones.
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning