GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #99: Teaching Resources to Check Out During the Holidays
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode #99 called “Teaching Resources to Check Out During the Holidays” In this episode, Guise and I will introduce some exciting events for this holiday season and our upcoming 100th episode. We’ll also reflect on some things we are thankful for in education, including some of our favorite podcasts, books, and inspirational educators. This is another episode you don’t want to miss. Check it out.
Segment 1: Prepping for Ep100 and 12 Days of EdTech
Intro ep100 Teaser
Segment 2: The Game of 2 Things
2 Questions we have to address:
- What is the state of teaching with edtech right now?
- What has been your biggest ahha moment of the year so far?
- Educational Duct Tape: An EdTech Integration Mindset
- A great read for any educator willing to try new tech tools in the classroom. The book provides educators an opportunity to understand how using tech tools can help teachers overcome common problems in the classroom.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Written by James Clear, a leading expert on habit formation, this book provides a proven framework for creating habits that encourage self-growth. Through practical strategies, Atomic Habits reveals how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the behaviors that lead to remarkable results.
- Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative by Ken Robinson: “It is often said that education and training are the keys to the future. They are, but a key can turn in two directions. Turn it one way, and you lock resources away, even from those they belong to. Turn it the other way, and you release resources and give people back to themselves.” Learning to be Creative is one of the best books for teachers to inspire learners and educators to think and act differently toward each other.
- Teach Like a Pirate by DAve Burgess: Based on Dave Burgess’s popular “Outrageous Teaching” and “Teach Like a PIRATE” seminars, this development book offers inspiration, practical techniques, and innovative ideas that will help the teacher increase student engagement, boost your creativity and transform your life as an educator.
2 educators that inspire:
- Tim Belmont
- NJECC Podcasting PD
- Dana Goodier
- Out of the Trenches Podcast
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning