In this episode of GotTechED the Podcast we discuss:
- Using current events to promote problem solving and critical thinking
- Unconventional uses of edtech tools
- GotTechED Shoutouts
If you are a new listener to GotTechED the Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Segment 1: Current Events
Somethings wrong in the world today
Using current events as a means to motivate students to be solution finders
- Climate change article for lesson on weather, habitats, food webs, etc.
- Upcoming Election article for lesson on government function
Segment 2: Unintended Uses
- Flipgrid- scavenger hunts called “Fliphunts” with Kathi Kersznowski
- Murder Mystery
- Google Slides for Stop Motion Videos (edit URL for auto-playback through slides)
- Google Sheets conditional formatting to answer check
- Google Drawings Red Reveal Template
- Red Reveal Template Part 1
- Red Reveal Template Part 2
- QR Code Scavenger Hunt (https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/)
- Google Docs as HyperDocs (https://hyperdocs.co/)
Segment 3: Shoutouts
Edtech world is a exciting positive space, so many people online, thanksgiving up, we’ve gotten lots of support and we wanted to say thanks. If you have a fav podcast or blog, its always good to hear from audience
If your a listener of ours, we’d love to hear from you , subcribe, like, rate us on itunes , youtube
- Rae Hughart @RaeHughart @teachbetterteam 12 Educational Podcasts
- Anuj Agarwal from Feedspot: @anuj_feedspot Top 75 Educational Technology Blogs And Websites For Educators in 2019
- Jeff Bradbury
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast: The Importance Of Tech Coaches Focusing On Function And NOT On Application
- Teachercast Blog: How Can Tech Coaches Help Teachers Embrace Technology Integration Challenges?
- Twitter Chats:
- “#PD4uandme 10/26/19 Podcasting” @specialtechie
- #masterychat with the @teachbetterteam Wednesday’s at 8pm
Rate us on iTunes and subscribe!
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Guise on Twitter @guisegotteched
- Nick on Twitter @nickgotteched
- GotTechED the Podcast on Twitter @wegotteched
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Other Relatable GotTechED Episodes:
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards