In education, we all know that there is no better gift than the gift of time. I have always enjoyed when the principal announces to teachers that she is giving us time to PLC, grade, prep, etc. For this blog entry, I am going to share 5 Google Chrome Productivity Extensions that will help you save time and lighten your load. These are my 5 tried and true extensions that I highly recommend.
One Tab is one of my most used extensions. I love being able to organize collections of url’s, name the group, and then be able to share the collection with my colleagues and students. As a teacher who uses personalized and blended learning practices in my classroom, a curation of resources is key to a successful classroom. ***FREE
- Save your tabs into hyperlinked lists
- Easily Name, Save, Lock, and Share your lists of websites with your colleagues or students
Print Friendly removes ads, navigation and junk before your print. Pages are optimized for the ultimate print or reading experience. ***FREE
- Simply Click on the extension with a resource open on your screen
- Delete all unwanted images and text
- Save as a PDF or Print the resource
The simplest way to take a full page screenshot of your current browser window. Click on the extension icon (or press Alt+Shift+P), watch the extension capture each part of the page, and be transported to a new tab of your screenshot where you can download it as an image or PDF or even just drag it to your desktop. ***FREE
- Go to the webpage that you want to capture
- Click on the icon for the GoFullPage Extension
- Annotate the Image
- Save the File
Dualless had a monumental impact during remote and hybrid learning. Dualless is a dual monitor solution for teachers who don’t have access to two monitors. It splits your browser windows into two by just 2 clicks. The ratio can be adjusted according to your needs. I still use the dualless when I am working outside of my classroom or office. ***FREE
- Download Dualless
- Click on the Dualless Extension Icon
- Select the ratio
- When finished click the Dualless Extension Icon and select 1 monitor option
Have you ever left for work or a presentation without a presenter’s remote? Or perhaps your batteries died? If you use Google Slides you are in luck. Check out the Remote for Slides extension and turn any device into a presentation remote!
- Install Remote for Slides Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Open your Google Slides in Editor Mode, then click on the “Present with Remote” button.
- Next, click on the “Start Remote” button to show the 6-digit code.
- Enter the 6-digit code in the Remote for Slides Progressive Web App (s.limhenry.xyz) or in the Remote for Slides Lite Android App (bit.ly/slides-lite), and you are ready to go!