5 Google Chrome Productivity Extensions for Teachers to Know in 2023
In education, we all know that there is no better gift than the gift of time. I have always enjoyed when the principal announces to teachers that she is giving us time to PLC, grade, prep, etc. For this blog entry, I am going to share 5 Google Chrome Productivity Extensions that will help you save time and lighten your load. These are my 5 tried and true extensions that I highly recommend.
#1 One Tab Extension
One Tab is one of my most used extensions. I love being able to organize collections of url’s, name the group, and then be able to share the collection with my colleagues and students. As a teacher who uses personalized and blended learning practices in my classroom, a curation of resources is key to a successful classroom. ***FREE
- Save your tabs into hyperlinked lists
- Easily Name, Save, Lock, and Share your lists of websites with your colleagues or students
#2 Print Friendly PDF Extension
Print Friendly removes ads, navigation and junk before your print. Pages are optimized for the ultimate print or reading experience. ***FREE
- Simply Click on the extension with a resource open on your screen
- Delete all unwanted images and text
- Save as a PDF or Print the resource
#3 Go Full Screen Capture Extension
The simplest way to take a full page screenshot of your current browser window. Click on the extension icon (or press Alt+Shift+P), watch the extension capture each part of the page, and be transported to a new tab of your screenshot where you can download it as an image or PDF or even just drag it to your desktop. ***FREE
- Go to the webpage that you want to capture
- Click on the icon for the GoFullPage Extension
- Annotate the Image
- Save the File
#4 Dualless Chrome Extension
Dualless had a monumental impact during remote and hybrid learning. Dualless is a dual monitor solution for teachers who don’t have access to two monitors. It splits your browser windows into two by just 2 clicks. The ratio can be adjusted according to your needs. I still use the dualless when I am working outside of my classroom or office. ***FREE
- Download Dualless
- Click on the Dualless Extension Icon
- Select the ratio
- When finished click the Dualless Extension Icon and select 1 monitor option
#5 Remote for Slides Extension
Have you ever left for work or a presentation without a presenter’s remote? Or perhaps your batteries died? If you use Google Slides you are in luck. Check out the Remote for Slides extension and turn any device into a presentation remote!
- Install Remote for Slides Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Open your Google Slides in Editor Mode, then click on the “Present with Remote” button.
- Next, click on the “Start Remote” button to show the 6-digit code.
- Enter the 6-digit code in the Remote for Slides Progressive Web App (s.limhenry.xyz) or in the Remote for Slides Lite Android App (bit.ly/slides-lite), and you are ready to go!
Leave a Comment